Thank you for your patience during ReggieNet's recent performance issues. While stability has been restored, we continue to monitor performance. If you encounter any problems, please report them to the Technology Support Center immediately. This helps us to put fixes in place faster. Read more about this process and future plans for ReggieNet in this recent letter to faculty from CTLT Director Dr. Claire Lamonica
ReggieNet is the official learning management system (LMS) at Illinois State University. The pages listed to the left provide instructors with information and resources about ReggieNet. Select one of the links to get started! CTLT also offers training through hands-on workshops and customized workshops by request throughout the year.
The latest update to ReggieNet changes how instructors upload and publish syllabi. Follow these easy steps:
An update to ReggieNet just before the start of the Fall 2014 semester added enhancements to existing tools:
- Peer review—you can now allow students to score and comment on an assignment. An instructor sets the review period after the “accept until” date and can provide review instructions for students via rich text editor. The instructor can also make reviews anonymous, choose whether students can see peer reviews of their submissions, and remove specific peer reviews.
- Lesson Builder
- The interface has been improved, with all content options in the toolbar grouped in a single "Add Content" menu and some options relabeled for clarity.
On the index of pages, users can view the list of content items for all or specific pages.
You can now set up a permission to allow content access regardless of release controls.
- File Drop
- You can now upload a single file to multiple selected student dropboxes.
Questions about the Fall 2014 ReggieNet update? Contact Mayuko Nakamura, CTLT’s Instructional Technology & Media Team Lead, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ReggieNet received a major upgrade over Spring Break 2014. In addition to some behind-the-scenes tweaks and fixes, the update introduced a new tool:
- Lesson Builder (New Tool!)
- It’s very easy to integrate all course site resources and activities (tests & quizzes, assignments, discussion & discussion forums) into modules with new Lesson Builder tool. You can also design lessons that require students to complete or earn a certain number of points before they can proceed to the next stage. It is easy to integrate multimedia content with this tool. The Module tool is still available for those who have been using the tool.
The update brought new functionality to several existing tools, including:
- Drag and Drop - Resources & Materials Tool
- File uploading is much easier with new drag and drop feature— upload multiple files much faster and more easily by just dragging from your computer to ReggieNet. It also supports zip format and will unzip the files automatically.
- Embed YouTube Videos
- A new Movie function will be available in almost all tools (Announcements, Discussions, Assignments, Modules, etc.). You can embed YouTube videos with only a few clicks.
- Accessibility Improvements
- Accessibility is significantly improved in this version with the introduction of new content editor, CKEditor.
- Discussions Tool Improvements
- Now you can have ReggieNet create group topics automatically. Also, the new statistics and grading screen make it much easier for you to grade by forum, topic or message.
- Tests & Quizzes
- You can now re-grade questions in the question pools by clicking one button. Also, the screen is much easier to see for instructors so you can see which tests are published and which are pending.
- Auto Group Feature
- Now you can randomly assign students to groups with the auto group feature.
Questions about the Spring 2014 ReggieNet update? Contact Mayuko Nakamura, CTLT’s Instructional Technology & Media Team Lead, at email@example.com.