ReggieNet is the official learning management system (LMS) at Illinois State University
The pages listed to the left provide instructors with information and resources about ReggieNet. Click one of the links to get started!
ReggieNet was upgraded over Spring Break 2014! In addition to some behind-the-scenes tweaks and fixes, the update will introduce a new tool:
- Lesson Builder (New Tool!)
- It’s very easy to integrate all course site resources and activities (tests & quizzes, assignments, discussion & discussion forums) into modules with new Lesson Builder tool. You can also design lessons that require students to complete or earn a certain number of points before they can proceed to the next stage. It is easy to integrate multimedia content with this tool. The Module tool is still available for those who have been using the tool.
The update will also bring new functionality to several existing tools, including:
- Drag and Drop - Resources & Materials Tool
- File uploading is much easier with new drag and drop feature— upload multiple files much faster and more easily by just dragging from your computer to ReggieNet. It also supports zip format and will unzip the files automatically.
- Embed YouTube Videos
- A new Movie function will be available in almost all tools (Announcements, Discussions, Assignments, Modules, etc.). You can embed YouTube videos with only a few clicks.
- Accessibility Improvements
- Accessibility is significantly improved in this version with the introduction of new content editor, CKEditor.
- Discussions Tool Improvements
- Now you can have ReggieNet create group topics automatically. Also, the new statistics and grading screen make it much easier for you to grade by forum, topic or message.
- Tests & Quizzes
- You can now re-grade questions in the question pools by clicking one button. Also, the screen is much easier to see for instructors so you can see which tests are published and which are pending.
- Auto Group Feature
- Now you can randomly assign students to groups with the auto group feature.
Questions about the Spring 2014 ReggieNet update? Contact Mayuko Nakamura, CTLT’s Instructional Technology & Media Team Lead, at firstname.lastname@example.org.