Faculty can directly log in to ReggieNet at ReggieNet.IllinoisState.edu. Faculty can also access ReggieNet through the Academics tab in My IllinoisState and the Faculty Center at Go.IllinoisState.edu.
Once you have logged in, you can find all of your course sites from the More Sites drop down menu in the Favorites area at the top of the page. If you do not see your course, talk to your department to ensure you have been added as the instructor for that course in the registration system.
Regular Course Sites (courses in Student Information System)
- Course sites will be created and students will be added automatically from the University’s student information system.
Please note that courses added to the system can take up to 48 hours to appear in ReggieNet. After 48 hours, if you do not see your course in ReggieNet, please contact the Technology Support Center at (309) 438-4357.
Loss of course site access
- Since ReggieNet is tightly integrated with the University’s student information system, when there’s an instructor change for a particular course, you may lose the access to the course you were initially assigned. In that case, please contact CTLT immediately so we can restore access to your course content.
- Students will be automatically added to and dropped from your course site as they register or drop. Changes in course enrollment may take up to 24 hours to be reflected in the course site. You can add a student temporarily from Site Info> Add Participants, but if the student is not officially registered, the student will be dropped at the next day.
Printing class rosters with pictures
- This can be accomplished, with some extra steps, through the Faculty Center (and not ReggieNet). For help with Faculty Center, see the documentation on Administrative Technology's Training Site.
Instructors who teach multiple sections of the same course sometimes find it helpful to have their ReggieNet course sites combined into one. Instructors can make their own course combination requests through the new Student Information System. See the course combination page for an overview of the process and how to make your request.
You can copy content for all tools or selected tools from the previous semester. To copy,
- Go to the new semester's course site.
- Click Site Info, click Import from Site from the selection bar on the top, then select an appropriate choice between "I would like to merge my data" or "I would like to replace my data" (if you don't have any content in the new course, you can choose either one).
- At the next screen, select the course you want to import from and click Continue.
- At the next screen, select the tools you would like to copy and click Finish.
Once the content is copied, you may have to edit or publish activities as most of them are copied as a draft mode. There are several aspects of the process that should be taken into consideration when importing from another site. Please see Importing Materials from Other ReggieNet Sites for more information.
Your ReggieNet course site is not available to students until you publish it. When you’re ready to have students access your course site, use the big button at the top of the left-hand menu (if you don't see the button, your course has already been published).
Starting Fall 2016, after creating or uploading documents into the Syllabus tool, ReggieNet automatically "publishes" those documents by default, indicated by the yellow light bulb icon.
If you wish to hide these documents temporarily, simply select the document and click the light bulb icon to turn it "off."
- Click Add Item in the Syllabus menu bar. When prompted, provide a title and click on the check mark.
- Click on the small triangle to see the options for the syllabus.
- You should see “Click to add body text” and “Add attachment”.
- If you have a syllabus as a file, click Add attachment. If you’d like to type in information, select Click to add body text.
- The light bulb icon should be YELLOW, indicating the document is published and available to your students.