What's New for Fall 2017
Clickers are largely unchanged for faculty for 2017. TurningPoint has added a wizard to assist new students with the registration of subscriptions and physical clickers. Students and instructors will also notice a minor visual change to the ReggieNet integration interface.
Beginning with the Fall 2016 semester, Illinois State will be using the new TurningPoint “Clickers” software called TurningPoint Cloud.
How this will affect instructors:
- All instructors currently using clickers need to take a workshop to see how to use the new software (and to register an account and receive a free instructor kit). If you are unable to attend a workshop, you should contact CTLT for a one-on-one consultation as soon as possible.There is no cost to instructors in moving to TurningPoint Cloud.
- Instructors must contact Learning Spaces to make sure clickers software and hardware is properly installed in their classrooms. This must be done before each semester.
- Instructors will need to download the new TurningPoint Cloud software for their office and personal devices from their TurningPoint Cloud account page (accessible through the ReggieNet integration).
How this will affect students:
- Students, even if they currently own a physical “clicker” response device, will have to purchase a subscription. The subscription includes access to TurningPoint Cloud, a physical clicker, and a ResponseWare code (which could be used to participate using a web-enabled device at the professor’s discretion—the campus, however, will not be officially supporting this function until sometime after the fall semester for logistical reasons).
- After purchasing their subscription, student will have to create TurningPoint Cloud accounts through the TurningPoint link in their ReggieNet course. There, they can register their clicker response device.