End Your Semester
There are a few things you should double-check before you submit the grades.
- Make sure that all appropriate items are being included in the grade calculation. If you see a small gray icon in the form of a calculator with a line through it in the lower left corner of a Gradebook item header cell, that item Is
Included in the grade calculation. To change:
- Click on the drop-down menu icon in the lower right corner of the Gradebook item header cell, and select “Edit Item Details”
- Check the box for “Include item in course grade calculations?” and click “Save Changes”
- Gradebook items for which the score is blank will not be counted against the student, and the grade will not be calculated correctly. You can choose one of the following options:
- Enter zero for each missing score.
- For each Gradebook item, you can select "Set Score for Empty Cells" from the drop-down menu.
- For the entire Gradebook, you can select "Set Zero Score for Empty Cells" from the Course Grade drop-down menu.
- If you have a student whose course grade you would like to change:
- click on the current course grade
- select the drop-down menu icon that appears
- select Course Grade Override
- enter the new grade and click Save Course Grade Override
Final grades in your ReggieNet gradebook can be transferred to the official University grade submission system.
- Log in to My.IllinoisState.edu.
- Under the Academics Tab, locate the Teaching section, and select Submit End-of-Semester Grades.
- Select the Grade Roster icon next to the class you wish to grade.
- Verify the Grade Roster Type drop-down menu reads Final Grade.
- You can save in progress work in your grade roster by clicking the Save button at any time.
- To import grades from ReggieNet, click the Import Grades button. Be sure to review grades for accuracy. (To manually enter grades see the Registrar's website).
- The system will not allow grade rosters to be approved with blank grades. Use the M (Missing) grade value for those students you cannot accurately assign a grade to. Grade change forms will need to be submitted for any M grades which are not corrected by the grade submission deadline.
- Click the Approval Status drop-down menu and select a value-- "Ready for Review" if you need someone else to review the grades and approve them; "Approved" if you approve grades yourself.
- Click the Save button.
NOTE: If you are inactive in the Faculty Center for 20 minutes, you will receive a pop up message asking if you want to continue your session. After 30 minutes of inactivity, the Faculty Center will log you out. Be especially careful about remaining inactive while entering grades.
For help with grades in ReggieNet, contact the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Technology at (309) 438-2542 or CTLT@IllinoisState.edu.
For help with the Faculty Center grade submission process, please contact the Office of the University Registrar at (309) 438-2188 or Registrar@IllinoisState.edu.