Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) technology allows third-party programs to work hand-in-hand with ReggieNet, providing powerful new ways to enhance student learning.
ReggieNet currently has several readily available plug-in tools that use LTI integration:
- Cengage MindTap
- McGraw Hill
ReggieNet is integrated with Clickers at Illinois State, which uses the TurningPoint audience response system. Learn more on CTLT's Clickers support page.
ReggieNet integration with Zoom, a video-conferencing service, allows instructors and students to communicate synchronously for both online and face-to-face courses. The interface in ReggieNet allows instructors to schedule meetings, and it allows students to view and join available meetings.
Learn how to incorporate Zoom into your ReggieNet course site with this handout.
Cengage MindTap uses the basic LTI 1.0 protocol. Before starting, you should have received an email containing LTI information from Cengage. If you have not, you should contact your Cengage sales rep to request the information.
- Go to course, select Site Info > Manage Tools. Scroll to the bottom, and find and expand Plugin Tools section. Check the box for Cengage MindTap and click Continue.
- You can now keep the defaults or change the Tool Title, Button Text and/or icon. Then copy the URL provided by Cengage into the “Launch URL” box. Click Continue, then Finish. The Cengage MindTap link will be added to the left-hand navigation.
McGraw Hill uses the advanced LTI 1.1 protocol, which allows you to link to the textbook, and also to have scores sent to the Gradebook.
- Go to course, select Site Info > Manage Tools. Scroll to the bottom, and find and expand Plugin Tools section. Check the box for MH Campus and click Continue.
- You can keep the default icon, or choose another. Click Continue, then Finish. The MH Campus link will be added to the left-hand navigation.
- Click the MH Campus link; you will be directed to the McGraw Hill Campus Gateway site. Once there, you can choose the textbook you wish to access. Once the textbook has been chosen, you can select specific content through the MH Campus Connect site.
- ** NOTE ** If you want to use the Grade Sync process that will automatically push grades from the MHCampus Connect Cloud to your Reggienet Gradebook, you need to add the following account to the course site as a Co-Instructor: mcgraw_hill_admin
Other LTI integrations (such as ALEKS) may also be available on a case-by-case basis; please contact CTLT for more information.